CODE OF CONDUCT
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- A student may be liable to dismissal on account of irregular attendance, habitual disobedience, immoral acts, disorderly or unseemly conduct and consistent poor performance in studies.
- Parents should check the school diaries and exercise books of their children daily and sign them.
- Parents must remain in contact with the school to know about the progress of their children. They must encourage them to pay due attention to their studies.
- Attending all school programs is compulsory for students. Absence on such events is liable to punishment.
- The Academy’s entrance gates will be closed at 8:00 a.m. sharp. Students will not be allowed to enter after 8:00 a.m.
- Parents must collect their children promptly after the end of daily session. The school is absolved from any responsibility after school hours and outside its premises.
- Private vans or any other modes of transport service are not the responsibility of the academy. It is advised that the parents keep the contact number and addresses of the owners of the vans and buses.
- Any pupil remaining absent during tests or examination will be marked absent. No reexamination under any circumstances will be arranged for such pupils either before or at a later date.
- Astudent remaining absent from the school for 10 consecutive days without intimation to the school authorities is liable to be removed from the school rolls. Absentees throughout the month will be treated as fresh admission cases.
- Visits to classrooms and meetings with teachers during school hours are not allowed. However it can be arranged only with prior permission of the Principal.
- The Principal’s decision in all academic and disciplinary matters will be final and binding on the students and their parents.
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- Punctuality and daily attendance are insisted upon. Leave of absence should be given for serious reasons only. If a pupil is absent through illness or for any other reason, a note from the parent or guardian with a valid medical certificate must be produced testifying the fact. In order to justify promotion, a pupil must have 75% of total attendence.
- School hours 7:50 am – 2:00 pm Monday – Thursday, 7:50 am – 12:30 pm Friday. All students must be present for the school assembly.
- No student will be allowed to leave the school premises before closing time. Parents are requested not to come to the Principal with excuses to take their wards home earlier than closing time. However for emergency cases only this rule may be relaxed, after signing the early departure register in the Principal’s office and obtaining a gate pass.
- Physical instruction classes are compulsory. Students who are not fit to attend these classes will be required to produce a medical certificate every month.
- Any student responsible for damage to the premises, equipment or furniture and fixtures will have to pay the cost of repair/replacement.
- Running, shouting or littering inside the school premises are not allowed.
- On no account should pupils borrow or lend money, books, clothes etc., among themselves.
- Pupils suffering from a contagious or infectious disease shall not be permitted to attend school and will be sent back home.
The students are not allowed to wear gold or silver jewellery or bring other valuable articles to school. The school is not responsible for any article mislaid or lost by the student. They are expected to look after their own belongings. Applying of nail polish, kajal and other cosmetics is strictly prohibited.
- Bringing and usage of mobile phones by the students is strictly prohibited and if found will be confiscated.
- No visitor is allowed to see the students or teachers during school hours except through the Principal.
- A note of excuse or an application within three days of absence should be received by the school administration informing the reason for absence so that the student may be marked on leave.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to see that their child completes his/her work once he/she resumes to the school.
- Any student who is absent from the school for one calendar month without a letter explaining his/her absence, would be struck off the roll. He/she may be later re-admitted, if there exists a vacancy, on payment of re-admission fee.
- Parents are welcome to give suggestions during the parent-teacher meetings. Complaints on genuine grounds could be directed in writing to the relevant teacher by the Principal’s permission.
- The students are expected to bring their text books and note-books in accordance with their scheduled time-table daily. They should look after their belongings. The school will not be held responsible for lost property or for refunding of any sort.
- Extra classes are sometimes conducted in the school premises for completion/ revision of syllabus. These extra classes help the students to improve and achieve better grades in examinations, and are compulsory for students to attend.
- Lending, borrowing and exchange of items is not permitted and will not be the responsibility of the school.
- The student should report on time after break and line up in a civilized manner for dispersal at home time.
- The student should pay attention in class to what is being taught and complete his/her home assignment before the deadline is reached.
- The student should not disturb the teacher or his/her classmates by any undesirable conduct or indulge in any activity which distracts the attention of the teacher and students while class is in progress.
- Required silence must be observed during lesson hours in libraries and laboratories.
- All important information to be carried home should be noted down by the student in student’s diary.
- All note-books should be covered by students in a uniform manner with plastic covers.
- Habitual lethargic behavior, lack of interest in studies, irregularity in attendance and disregard of school rules and regulations after two verbal warnings justify written warning and final dismissal from school.
- The Principal’s decision in all Academic and Disciplinary matters will be final and binding on the students and their parents.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- Assembly is an important feature of the school day. Students must stand in proper lines in silence, while the assembly is being conducted so that they may clearly hear important announcements. Proper respect must be paid to the National Anthem and students have to sing the National Anthem in unison. After assembly, students must proceed in an orderly manner to their classes.
- Uniform checking is done in the assembly.
- Mobile Phones, MP3 Players and other music/electronic devices of any type, video, disc etc. are strictly
- Eating, drinking, chewing gum etc. is strictly prohibited in the classroom.
- Classroom behavior is of paramount importance. In this regard, the following code has to be followed:
- Students must stand in respect for the teacher and wish him/her when he/she enters or leaves the class.
- No students may leave his/her seat without asking the teacher’s permission.
- Students should not talk, pass notes, drink water or eat without the teacher’s permission.
- Writing anything on desks, chair, walls etc. or breaking of furniture or classroom fixtures is considered an act of vandalism. This is punishable by detention or suspension. In addition, the cost of the repair will be charged to the student responsible for the damage.
- Students are required to remain in their seats in the absence of a teacher.
- Students should not study any subject other than the subject being taught in the class.
- Borrowing or lending of text books, exercise books, registers, stationery, calculator etc. during schooltime is strictly prohibited.
- Student may leave the class with an exit pass, however, only one student is permitted to leave at one
time. Furthermore, there has to be a clear and valid excuse for a student to leave the class.
- After the break bell rings, all students must return to their classes immediately. Only school prefects
are given 5 minutes extra time as they are on duty during the break.
- All litter must be thrown in dustbins which have been placed at appropriate places in the class, corridors and school yards.
- Carrying medicines without a doctor’s prescription slip, or carrying cigarettes, drugs and intoxicants is a serious offence.
- Fighting in class, corridors, washrooms, inside school premises or directly outside the school gates, (as it affects the safety of other students) is considered a serious breach of discipline.
- Bunking class is also considered a serious offence.
- Cheating in exams, tests homework, stealing or telling lies is considered a serious breach of discipline.
- A serious offence may result in detention, suspension or even expulsion in certain cases.
The Principal’s final decision on any disciplinary matter is binding on all students and their parents.
DRESS CODE FOR STUDENTS
- Students should look presentable by being neatly dressed in the prescribed school uniform.
- They are strictly expected to follow their respective section’s uniform code for summers, winters and PT.
- Boys should keep their hair considerably short. Wearing long hair or side burns is not allowed. They should have a neat short school boy haircut with hair properly combed and settled in place.
- Wrist watches should be worn for the concept of time and not for displaying it in any way to show off wealth of any sort.
- Handkerchief and comb are encouraged.
- Hair should be neatly tied with Black, Brown and White bands and ponies. No front flicks are allowed, long hair should be neatly plaited and not kept loose. Streaking/using odd hair color is not allowed
- Make-up is strictly forbidden for face, eyes or nails. Nail should be reasonably trimmed short, filed and kept hygienically clean.
- No fancy bags are allowed. School bags should be plain and durable.